Repeat Prescription Request
Ballyboden Medical will only accept prescription requests in writing.
This policy is strictly adhered to and our support team members are not permitted to accept verbal/phone requests for medication at any time.
This policy is in place to ensure your safety and that accurate records of your medication requests are retained.
- It is your responsibility to order your regular repeat prescription before it is due for renewal.
- Please allow a minimum of 24 hours’ notice (not including Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays) for processing of prescription requests.
- Ballyboden Medical will only accept prescription requests in writing.
How can I order my repeat prescription?
- To order your prescription you will need to complete a “Repeat Prescription Renewal Form” which is available at the Practice reception.
- You can download one here. On completion of the form please return it to us at reception.
- OR please complete the online repeat prescription request here
When will my prescription be ready?
- Your prescription will be available for collection a minimum of 24 hours’ after ordering.
- For non-GMS patients a fee of €10.00 is payable on collection and a receipt will be provided.
- Please note that if you are out of medication your usual pharmacy can provide an emergency supply to bridge the 24 hour gap.
- At your request we can send a text message to advise when the prescription is available for collection.
- Our GPs must receive the original hospital prescription in order to ensure the accuracy of your patient record.
- Please allow a minimum of 24 hours’ notice (not including Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays) for new medication to be added to your usual prescription.
Please be aware that various medications for example, Blood Pressure medications require periodic review to ensure efficacy.
If you need to be reviewed by our GPs before your prescription can be issued you will get a call from our support team to make an appointment.